Position Title: Political and Policy Director (Director of Civic Engagement and Politics) Duration: Full Time, Ongoing
Unite Oregon and Unite Oregon Action build a unified intercultural movement for justice across urban and rural divides in Oregon. We are led by people of color, immigrants and refugees, rural communities, and people experiencing poverty.
We seek an experienced Political and Policy Director responsible for engaging the community around the mission of our organization and build and strengthen UO/A’s civic engagement and political program.
The Political and Policy Director will work closely with UO/A members, board members, partners, and staff to develop, fund, and execute a political and legislative program that builds power for our communities. Major areas of work include criminal justice reform, immigrant/refugee rights, housing justice, and working to elect candidates of color that represent our communities.
A strong candidate will have experience developing political and legislative campaigns, working with community organizations, raising political money, and a strong racial justice analysis.
The Political and Policy Director reports to the Field Director and Executive Director.
● Work with Executive Director and Field Director to develop and strengthen UO/A’s political program;
● Represent UO in Salem with the Legislature and state agencies;
● Lead UO’s organizing on our legislative priorities during legislative session;
● Represent UO/A with statewide partner organizations and alliances;
● Manage c4 board meetings and continue engagement with c4 board members;
● Work with field staff to develop a grassroots fundraising program with annual goals including organizing and hosting local fundraiser events, membership drives;
● Support grant writing and reporting;
● Implement and manage field staff to recruit, train, and manage volunteers;
● Create and execute a field plan to reach voter outreach goals;
● Manage the candidate endorsement process for UOA;
● Manage and support UOA’s social media and email list;
● Update UOA website regularly.
● Demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice;
● Experience in electoral, legislative, civic engagement, or political campaigns;
● Experience with candidate endorsement process;
● Effective communicator, both written and verbal;
● Familiarity with political data as well as with latest technology and voter outreach tools;
● Ability to work long hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed;
● Strong relationships with progressive movements in Oregon.
Position will be based in Portland, OR.
Salary dependent on experience: $60,000-$65,000. Generous and progressive benefits including medical and dental care, 100% of premiums paid, paid wellness leave, vacation, flex time, and personal days off.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume and references (references are not contacted until you have had a successful interview) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
UO/A is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.